Friday, July 23, 2010












Wednesday, July 21
It’s a Beautiful morning.
I awake at 5:00 AM. I know my stay in Alaska will shortly come to an end and I want to soak in this wonderful magical place. The boat anchored near us is Tiger Lily. I almost expect Captain Hook to come out of the morning fog into sight in Neverland. Bringing my hot tea up to the pilothouse for a better vantage point, I look out at the still waters white in some areas reflecting the fog and dark green in other areas as the tall mountains with their forests of pines are reflected. I spot a movement in the water and I am rewarded with the sight of 2 Harbor Porpoises announcing themselves by offering a brief glimpse of their small triangular dorsal fin cutting slowly through the water’s surface when they come up to catch a breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment