Friday, February 11, 2011

Seattle Boat Show 2010

The long anticipated Boat Show of 2011 has come to an end. It will be a long wait til the next Show but I have my Boat Show
tchotches for memories. I line up my collection of key chains, my favorite being the ones that open. I have yet to decide on just the right objects
to put in them but I have them available when it comes to me. I have long since run out of keys that need one so I am thinking of new uses. I am wondering
if I connect them all together and put them around the dog if it would be an effective float should she fall in.
Ah, what an assortment of reusable bags I have amassed. Allocating them to their specific tasks takes the better part of the morning. My favorite is the red medium sized one. A pride of living green overcomes me as I take them with me to Freddy Meyers (we like the nickname, feeling a personal attachment to the store).
If you should find yourself without a pen at any of the meetings please seek me out. I have a wonderful collection of imprinted pens, most with a nautical theme. Pens seem to be the most selected object for free distribution. I will have to remember that if I am looking for a company's phone number to check my pens.
The ultimate giveaway for me is the chapstick. As I collected the new ones I was able to dispose of the older ones acquired at The Boat Show I attended this past summer.
I wonder how many hershey kisses I have eaten in the course of the week?? Maybe next year I will keep a tally.
My humor aside, The Boat Show has afforded me a great time to connect to more people interested in boating in all manner of involvement. I learned so much from other knowledgable members during my volunteer time at the Power Squadron booth. I have some ideas of what I would like to accomplish as the Executive Officer with The SSAPS. I look forward to sharing them and getting everyone's valuable input.

No comments:

Post a Comment